Thursday, March 21, 2019

Youngblood Dam



Some of my favorite places to go to are hidden gems. Unfortunately, I do not find enough of these places. But when I do find them, they bring me a lot of joy. This week I was about to find a gem a little outside of Troy called Youngblood Dam.



The dam is located around 6.5 miles outside of Troy closer to Youngblood, Alabama, on Youngblood Lake. It is a beautiful spot that quite a few people enjoy to fish at. If you look closely in the picture above you will see people doing just that.



The area itself does not have too much history I could find unfortunately. In what I could find, there is not even a census to prove how many people live in the area. So, the community of Youngblood is a bit of a mystery. For me at least. The area is a gorgeous area though. With the dam, the lake, an abandoned building on the shore, and a really lovely area that a family could easily have a cook-out on. And is, once again, a nice place for fishing. The woman in the picture actually caught one shortly after I took it. The wildlife around the area also create a really nice effect.


There is a little trail that goes down to the water, and it is very easy to climb down. The hill is not too steep to go down. Making it easy for any age to get down to it.
The place is absolutely beautiful and I very much recommend anyone to go to it! Next time I go, I am hoping that it will be warm so I can actually get in the water!




No comments:

Post a Comment